Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Darkness Defeated

Light in a Dark Place


The times of joy in my life,
so far surpass the sorrows and trials ,
that they must lower their heads in surrender
to the moments of everyday joy and presence.

The accuser speaks the desperate words of a defeated foe !
In our better days, his voice rings with the echo of defeat;
and yet somehow in the times of trouble,
our ears become vulnerable to his fabrications
and our flesh trembles at his threats of mortality,

They are the shadows of things past,
they have no more life in them.
They clatter with the emptiness of a lie
and swagger with the bravado of a bully.

In truth, they are one punch away from cowardice,
One powerful word,
will send them whining & bloody-nosed from the battle.
One name, will chase them into the dark shadows
That are their dwelling place and eventual home.

May that Name, that Word,
Be upon my lips in times of trial , As well as joy.
In victory, as when under attack.

Amen!

2 Comments:

Blogger BrownEyedGirl said...

AMEN! Amen! Amen! This is so powerful- truth spoken out of darkenss.
I hear him saying ...."even darkness is light to me"

One punch away....knock him out with the name of Jesus!

wow- My spirit is stirred.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Banter said...

This is so powerful Dad. You are an incredible writer. I found myself agreeing whole-heartedly. I am so proud to be your daughter. You talented, amazing man!

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home